Friday, July 18, 2008

~ Theobroma Chocolate Lounge ~

I'm actually missing my Aussie life after coming back to Malaysia. I miss the portion of the food, the yummy fries and ice creams and not to mention the chocolate drinks. *drools*

I miss the good times I used to hang out with my buddies in Koko Black and Max Brenner... enjoyin a cuppa hot yummy chocolate drink during the cold winter day or a cuppa icey cold yummy chocolate drink in a breezy spring nite. How I miss those days and also the drinks.

But fear not... my (and Sue-li's) chocolate craving prayers has been answered by the opening of Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. A week or so ago Sue-Li mentioned in her blog that this shop will be opening on 14th July in 1Utama. Well... guess what.. now I'm updating this blog from Theobroma itself. Sorry Sue-Li... I beat u to enjoy the chocolate drink in this outlet first =D

Fear not... there is also another Theobroma outlet in Pavilion KL. So you can still enjoy it when you feel too stress working in your lab ya Sue-Li =)

The prices of the drinks here are pretty much the same as those in Aussie. But of course after conversion the ones in Aussie are slightly more expensive. But well, it's worth the money you pay for.

A little history on Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. It is originally from Australia. And the outlet is actually located in Spencer Street DFO. OMG! I did not even realize the existence of this shop when I've been to this DFO for so many times. *bangs head on the wall*


Here I am enjoying one of their recommended drinks called Ms Coco Frappe. It contains Belgium Dark Chocolate. Yum~~ I just love chocolates... especially nice dark chocolates *droools* The presentation of the drink is pretty cool. They've chocolate drizzle onto the inner side of the cup and filled it up with ice blended chocolate drink; and top it up with some cream and chocolate shavings. Sounds yummy rite?


Ms Coco Frappe


*sorry for the blur picture... forgotten my camera. So that's the best with my lousy phone*

Taste wise, to my surprise, it just taste pretty normal. Just like any other chocolate drink you get from Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc. Knowing that it originates from Aussie, I expected it to be at the same standard as Max Brenner or Koko Black. It's rather disappointing. Though the yummy chocolate taste is there, I feel that its not chocolaty enough and a bit too sweet for a dark chocolate drink. Something just doesn't taste and seems right compared to the chocolate drinks in Melbourne. I blame it on the milk they use to prepare the cream and drinks in Malaysia.

The milks in Malaysia taste too watery and bland compared to those found overseas. Even the full cream milk in Malaysia is no where near those low-fat milk in overseas. Sob... I really miss the creamy milk I used to drink everyday =( *now you know why I 's so FAT n ROUND*


But none-the-less, I do enjoy the staffs, surrounding and ambience in Theobroma. I'll definitely come back to try their other drinks. Probably I'm just unlucky to get a lousy cup of drink. But it wont stop me from coming back for more =)

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. But before that, I 'm super broke so I need to save up first before the next trip. Else I will need to fast for a month or eat bread everyday in Uni and home for the next 4 weeks. Ha ha..

P/s: Sue-Li... I'll come here with you next trip ok. And Ee Von as well. I promise =)

2 comments:

Sue-Li said...

Junie!!!! I so long never visit ur blog, and the moment I click potatobits, I'm welcomed with a lovely pic of iced choc *sobs sobs*. The picture looks so so tempting, I'm going downstairs to bancuh a cup of 'kao' milo to ganti my cravings d. =(

~JuNiE~ said...

Sorry sue-li for the super late reply.. Ok la.. the next time we go drink together oke.. he he... since i haven seen u for so long dy.